1. To carry out a groundfish survey along the North Wales coast.
2. To collect samples of otoliths of commercial species.
3. To obtain accurate gutted weight-data of all plaice and sole selected for otoliths samples.
4. To obtain mesh selection data.
5. To obtain samples of ungutted plaice and whiting for contaminant trend analysis work by A Franklin Burnham).
C N Humphreys (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
North Wales Coast (North east Irish Sea)
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 24 Description: groundfish survey. Stratified samples of otoliths were collected from commercial species.