FRV Clupea Extra/81
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1981-01-21 — 1981-01-30|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To test and measure the performance of the vertical sampling trawl.
2. To conduct sea trials of the microprocessor based warp tension meters.
3. To test new developments in spreadmeter design.
4. To assess the performance of modified spreadmeters used to measure headline height.
5. To test net mounting and surface speed logs.
6. To carry out tests on other ancillary instrumentation as required
7. To calibrate plankton sampler flowmeters.
|Chief scientist||Angus MacDonald (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries for Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.03 MB)|
|Specific||E. Coast Scotland|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Description: Trials of fishing gear and plankton samplers.|