FRV Scotia 0899S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||1999-05-13 — 1999-05-29|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Offshore oil development and production effects on hydrocarbon loadings in fish, shellfish and sediment. (13.5 days).
2. Piper Alpha - third post toppling survey. (2 days).
3. Braer oil spill effects on Nephrops in the Burra Haaf with reference to a control site (0.5 days).
4. Braer oil spill effects on hydrocarbon loadings in sediments south east Fair Isle. (0.5 days).
5. Braer oil spill effects on biochemical measurements and histopathology in fish at the Little Halibut Bank (0.5 days).
6. Collection of various samples, including squid, monkfish, juvenile haddock, Buccinum and hermit crabs for MSc and PhD student projects.
|Chief scientist||Alistair D McIntosh (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.04 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Burra Haaf (west of Shetland), south east of Fair Isle, North Sea.|
|Petroleum residues||Quantity: number of samples = 600|
Description: mixed function oxidase measurements
|Petroleum residues||Quantity: number of samples = 128|
Description: Grab samples for PAH determination
|Petroleum residues||Quantity: number of specimens = 256|
Description: Fish for livers and flesh for PAH determination