FRV Scotia 1898S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||1998-10-20 — 1998-11-06|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To undertake fishing trials with BT 185.
2. To carry out detailed engineering performance measurements on above.
3. To investigate selectivity of current regulation cod-end mesh size (100mm) on deep water species.
4. To obtain video film of the behaviour of these species within the trawl cod-end.
5. To carry out pelagic trawling trials using ITI instrumentation.
6. To carry out winch calibration and training programmes.
|Chief scientist||R Derek Galbraith (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||NW Scottish waters|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Gear research||Description: gear trials of otter trawl and pelagic trawl.|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: activity duration in hours = 7|
Description: video film of fish behaviour in the cod-end.