RRS James Clark Ross JR19961113
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS James Clark Ross (74JC)|
|Cruise period||1996-11-13 — 1996-11-25|
|Port of departure||Stanley, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)|
|Port of return||Rothera, Antarctica|
|Objectives||Sea Level Measurements in the Drake Passage
1. To service the Sea Level Recorder at Stanley and recover data. Install new software in the logger and check the DCP timing.
2. To recover, service and re-deploy three IES/BPRs in the Drake Passage. To modify the existing IESs into CHIRP IESs.
3. To recover the CROCUS bottom pressure recorder.
4. To derive the Sea Level Recorder at Rothera, recover the data and install a second set of sea sensors and steelwrk. Recover the Aanderaa Water Level recorder from the well.
5. To service the Sea Level Recorder at Signy and prepare for operation over the following winter.
6. To deploy MINI-MYRTLE in the Scotia Sea near to Coronation Island.
|Chief scientist||Geoff Hargreaves (Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory)|
|Project||ACCLAIM-Antarctic Circumpolar Current Levels from Altimeter and Island Measureme|
|Cruise report||(0.66 MB)|
|General||South Atlantic Ocean|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Sea level (inc. bot. press., inverted echosounder)||Quantity: number of deployments = 3|
Description: The recovery, service and redeployment of three IES/BPRs in the Drake Passage took place.