RV Clione CLI6A/71
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1971-05-10 — 1971-05-25|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To investigate the unity of the North Sea cod stock by tagging cod in
the so called boundary areas indicated by previous tagging experiments.
2. To continue the series of plaice and dab trawl surveys to investigate
the microstructure of these populations.
3. To continue studies on the feeding chronology of plaice and dab.
4. To carry out selected observations of the distribution of benthos using the underwater camera, underwater TV and the Smith McIntyre grab.
5. To collect and deep freeze plaice for laboratory analysis of body
chemistry (Mr Birkett).
6. To bring back live turbot for Dr A Jones and live plaice for Dr Greer Walker.
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
Description: bottom 8 with T only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 56|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of deployments = 4|