FRV Clupea 1200C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||2000-08-17 — 2000-09-01|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To obtain estimates of distribution and abundance of Nephrops in the Firth of Forth and Moray Firth using underwater cameras.
2. To collect sediment samples at each station.
3. To use trawl caught samples of Nephrops to examine biological features at different sites throughout the survey areas.
4. The TV survey will also be used to collect data on other potential commercial species.
5. Make video observations of crab and lobster habitat using the drop frame.
6. Experiments will be carried out on Nephrops burrow occupancy rates, if time permits.
|Chief scientist||Ian D Tuck (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(1.37 MB)|
|Specific||Firth of Forth, Moray Firth|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of stations = 54|
Description: Underwater TV station runs in Firth of Forth.
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of stations = 45|
Description: Underwater TV station runs in Moray Firth.
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of stations = 8|
Description: Underwater TV transects across rocky area off Fife Ness.