1. To map the distribution of monkfish and megrim at 200, 400, 600 and 800 metres on and around the Rockall Bank.
2. To sample monkfish for length, total weight, gutted weight, liver weight, gonad weight, sex, maturity and age.
3. To obtain monkfish skin samples for genetic analysis.
4. To sample megrim for length, weight, sex and age.
5. To obtain temperature at depth using a minilog sampler.
Kevin J Peach (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)
Dunstaffnage Marine Laboratory
North Atlantic Ocean
Rockall Bank (58 07N 13 30W)
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 25 Description: Otoliths and illium collected from L. piscatorius for age determination (896 samples). Length, sex, weight and maturity of L. piscatorius recorded for statistical analysis (1351 samples). Skin samples of L. piscatorius for genetic analysis/stock identification (500 samples). 2700 L. whiffiagonis examined for length/sex, 619 of these were weighed.
Other biological/fisheries measurement
Quantity: number of hauls = 35 Description: Nearbed temperature recorded during hauls using MiniLogger temperature sensor.