FRV Scotia 0901S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2001-05-26 — 2001-06-04|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1) To obtain estimates of distribution and abundance of Nephrops in the Fladen Ground and North Minch using underwater television. It time permits the survey will include stations at the Noup.
2) To make use of the TV survey to estimate the densities of other shellfish species and benthic organisms and to record evidence of trawling activity.
3) To collect samples of the sediment at each TV station.
4) To carry out Nethrops trawling in each stratum throughout the survey areas for size and sex composition analysis and examination of biological features.
5) To collect samples of Nethrops for comparison of reproductive condition and morphometrics in different areas.
6) To collect samples of Arctica islandica for studies of shell chemistry and age.
|Chief scientist||Nick Bailey (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
|Specific||Fladen Ground, North Minch|