RV Lough Foyle LF/06/91
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1991-03-06 — 1991-03-08|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||NW Irish Sea scallop stocks
1. To trial and work up the replacement set of Scallop dredges.
2. To survey the ground sampled on earlier cruises.
3. Attempt to collect the following data:
a) catch per unit effort (number caught per hour dredging)
b) age composition
c) shell length data
4. Bring shell samples from selected stations bac to the Laboratory for future growth measurements.
5. Collect samples of scallop abductor muscle tissue for chemical and metal analysis.
|Chief scientist||William J McCurdy (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.10 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||NW Irish Sea, North Channel|
|Contaminants in organisms||Description: Scallop samples had abductor muscles removed for chemical and metal analysis.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Molluscs||Quantity: number of stations = 15|
Description: Scallop age distribution survey.
|Gear research||Description: Trial of new set of scallop dredges.|