RV Lough Foyle LF/13/91
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1991-05-26 — 1991-05-31|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||NW Irish Sea stocks
1. To test newly purchased underwater camera.
2. To trawl stations sampled during 1990 cruises and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of catches.
3. Retain Nephrops samples for future analysis for body burdens of trace contaminents.
4. Sample benthic sediment for granulometric and chemical analysis.
5. To sample the plankton of Belfast Lough.
6. To carry out the annual ship stock-taking exercise.
|Chief scientist||Richard P Briggs (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||NW Irish Sea|
|Track charts||(0.01 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of stations = 16|
Description: Qualitative and quantitative analysis of Nephrops catches.