RV Lough Foyle LF/20/93 Part 1
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise identifier||LF/20/93 Part 1|
|Cruise period||1993-07-22 — 1993-07-25|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Dundalk juvenile gadoid survey
1. To investigate the distribution of pelagic juvenile gadoids in the vicinity of Duldalk Bay.
2. To collect otoliths to investigate the growth rates of juveniles in the area.
3. To compare the selectivity of MIK nets during darkness and light.
4. To test the design of the MIK net and the Gulf III type high speed plankton sampler.
5. To further improve the icthyoplankton survey methods on Lough Foyle.
|Chief scientist||Mark Dickey-Collas (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Western Irish Sea|