RV Lough Foyle LF/20/94
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise period||1994-08-07 — 1994-08-12|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Ichthyoplankton survey of the Irish Sea
1. To investigate the abundance and distribution of zooplankton of the western Irish Sea.
2. To investigate the distribution of pelagic juvenile fish and macrozooplankton in the western Irish Sea.
3. To obtain samples of juvenile whiting and their food stuff for lipid analysis.
4. To collect specimens for N and C analysis of Irish Sea fauna.
5. To sample the plankton at four stations for a Queens studentship.
6. To collect water samples for nutrient and chlorophyll analysis in different hydrographic regions of the Irish Sea.
7. To investigate microzooplankton grazing and copepod production in the mixed, stratified and coastal waters of the western Irish Sea.
8. To test a new type of gasket on the nose cone of the high speed plankton sampler.
|Chief scientist||Mark Dickey-Collas (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.22 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Western Irish Sea and North Channel|
|Track charts||(0.03 MB)|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 13|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 13|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 13|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 13|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: number of stations = 13|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: activity duration in days = 4|
Description: Zooplankton hauls.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of specimens = 106|
Description: Whiting frozen for lipid analysis.