RV Lough Foyle LF/38/96 A
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise identifier||LF/38/96 A|
|Cruise period||1996-09-16 — 1996-09-19|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||NW Irish Sea benthic shellfish
1. To trawl selected stations sampled during earlier cruises and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of catches.
2. To collect live female Nephrops for fecundilty studies at C-mar, Portaferry
3. To assess the prevalence of the dinoflagellate parasite Hematodinium I Nephrops catches.
4. To film substrate transects over the Nephrops grounds using underwater video and sledge.
5. To carry out a survey of the Nephrops grounds using the ground discrimination system RoxAnn.
6. To provide a demonstration of procedures for Safety Audit Inspectors (16-17/9/96)
7. To accommodate a VIP visit and to demonstrate methods used to study benthic shellfish.
|Chief scientist||Richard P Briggs (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.23 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 1|
Description: A Nephrops study, using the video sledge and looking at parasites on the catches. Haul just off Portavogie.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
Description: Stations 106, 107, 8, 7 and 101 were all hauled. Station 106 provided a good catch.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 3|
Description: Stations 2/35, 30 and 20 were all hauled.