RV Lough Foyle LF/38/96 B
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Lough Foyle (74LG)|
|Cruise identifier||LF/38/96 B|
|Cruise period||1996-09-23 — 1996-09-26|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||NW Irish Sea benthic shellfish
1. To trawl selected stations sampled during earlier cruises and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of catches.
2. To assess the prevalence of the dinoflagellate parasite Hematodinium I Nephrops catches.
3. To film substrate transects over the Nephrops grounds using underwater video and sledge.
4. To carry out a survey of the Nephrops grounds using the ground discrimination system RoxAnn.
5. To accommodate a VIP visit and to demonstrate methods used to study benthic shellfish.
|Chief scientist||Richard P Briggs (Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland)|
|Cruise report||(0.23 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 3|
Description: Stations 208, 209 and 20 were all hauled.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of measurements = 3|
Description: To the north of Belfast Lough RoxAnn, underwater filming and dredge sampling took place.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of measurements = 4|
Description: Camera tows took place at stations 105, 104. The visibility on the tows was poor. Both stations were also fished, with the catch at 105 being particularly large.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of images = 1|
Description: A camera tow was completed on the eastern margin of the Nephrops grounds.