FRV Clupea 1902C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||2002-12-02 — 2002-12-14|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To obtain estimates of distribution and abundance of Nephrops in Torridon area as part of the Torridon project.
2. To collect sediment samples at each station.
3. To use trawl caught samples of Nephrops to examine biological features at different sites throughout the survey area.
4. To investigate the possibility of using underwater TV to estimate Edible crab population on suitable crab fishing grounds.
5. To use TV to survey the seabed at standard trawl positions as used in the Aqcess project.
6. The TV survey will also be used to collect data on other potential commercial species.
|Chief scientist||Adrian Weetman (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Project||Torrridon Project, Aqcess|
|Cruise report||(1.27 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
|Specific||Loch Hourn; Loch Nevis Inner Sound, Loch Torridon, Sound of Raasay, Loch Kishorn, Loch Carron, Loch Alsh, Loch Duich, Loch Hourn, Sound of Sleat, Crowlin Islands, Applecross Bay, Longa, Peterburn Loch Ewe and the Summer Isles.|
|Track charts||(0.26 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 4|
Description: Trawls. Nephrops size range, sex ratio and maturity carried out whilst at sea.
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of stations = 76|
Description: TV stations. Burrow abundance to be assessed within FRS Laboratory
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 76|
Description: Sediment samples, Sediment size analysis to be carried out by appropriate department at FRS Laboratory