RV Corystes COR2/03
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||2003-01-27 — 2003-02-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect water samples at NMMP stations from the Tyne to Morecambe Bay (AE004).
2. Collect water samples in a transect from SW Approaches to the Irish Sea (AE004).
3. To collect calibration samples at the SmartBuoys in the southern North Sea and Liverpool Bay (A1228).
4. To collect 5 sediment samples in a transect between Tyne and Dogger Bank.
5. To recover and redeploy the West Gabbard SmartBuoy.
6. To recover the Tryaxys buoy.
7. To deploy a guard buoy at Hastings Waverider site and the Waverider if available.
8. Recover the sonar buoy at 53.6140 N, 2.1889 E (dec.degrees).
It was not possible to visit the Tyne or Tees NMMP sites.
|Chief scientist||David Brian Sivyer (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.06 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.06 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||North Sea, Thames region, English Channel, SW Approaches, Bristol Channel, Irish Sea|
|Track charts||(0.11 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Description: Water samples collected every two hours between surface stations in a transect from the west Dogger Bank down to Humber, then every 30 minutes between Humber and Wash.|
|CTD stations||Description: CTD casts taken throughout the cruise both for calibration purposes and to obtain water column profiles.|