1. To assess the distribution and abundance of herring in the Thames Estuary using a mid-water trawl.
2. To obtain an independent estimate of the age structure and maturity of the Thames spring spawning herring stock.
3. To collect CDT data on selected stations over the estuary.
4. To collect length distributions of bass for G. Pickett.
5. To collect herring samples for C. Fox for daily growth studies.
Philip John Welsby (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 36 Description: Larsen sprat trawls.
Quantity: number of specimens = 186 Description: Bass caught for length distribution studies.
Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.
Description: Run continuously throughout the cruise.
Quantity: number of specimens = 2 Description: Bass tagged and released.