RV Cefas Endeavour 2/03
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2003-04-10 — 2003-04-24|
|Objectives||1. To deploy the CEFAS acoustic telemetry buoy (ATB) on the cod feeding area at the western end of the Indefatigable Bank to monitor the presence/return of cod tagged with coded acoustic pingers in 2002.
2. To use acoustic and fishing survey methods to estimate the abundance and distribution of sandeels on sandeel fishing grounds on the western Dogger Bank.
3. To use fishing survey methods (Bongo net) to estimate the abundance and distribution of plankton on the sandeel fishing grounds on the western Dogger Bank.
5. To use QTC and Hammond grab (HamCam) to describe sediment type in relation to sandeel distribution and abundance on the sandeel fishing grounds on the western Dogger Bank.
6. To carry out a ship-board experiment to determine gut evacuation rates of sandeels.
7. To evaluate new acoustic equipment (SH80, EM3000, EK60, ES600)*.
8. To test and appraise shipborne data logging and handling procedures*.
9. To evaluate and develop CEMAP survey software use*.
(*These staff and aims are dependent on Endeavour being available for this cruise)
|Chief scientist||Julian David Metcalfe (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.06 MB)|
|Specific||Indefatigable Bank, western Dogger Bank|