1. To carry out an inshore beam trawl survey of parts of the North Sea, Eastern Channel and Morecambe Bay for juvenile flatfish, year class size estimation.
2. To collect data on young demersal fish in relation to the environment.
3. To identify and quantify macro-benthos.
4. To record temperature and salinity at each trawl station.
5. To collect otolith samples from commercial flatfish.
6. To collect fish samples from the Humber for Hull University.
7. To record dissolved oxygen levels, for the Environment Agency, in the Humber.
John Dann (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)
Young Fish Survey 2003
English Channel around Pevensey and Normans Bay
Other physical oceanographic measurements
Description: temperature, salinity and sediment type observations
Biology and fisheries
Description: 2-metre wooden beam trawl with a 3-mm-mesh liner