RV Corystes COR13A/03
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||2003-09-04 — 2003-09-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Dublin, Ireland|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a 4m beam-trawl survey of groundfish to i) obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species, and ii) derive age compositions of sole and plaice for use in the assessment of stock size.
2. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age of sole, plaice, lemon sole and other commercially important finfish species.
3. To determine the distribution and relative abundance of juvenile and adult sole and plaice.
To quantify the seabed sediments and epibenthos using 4m beam trawl by-catch.
5. To collect surface sea-water samples fo processing on return to Lowestoft for the analysis of tritium (AE001). (B. Smith EG 1).
6. To collect live fish and fecundity samples in support of plaice recruitment project (CO423).
7. To collect fish samples in support of other CEFAS projects and training courses.
|Chief scientist||Ian David Holmes (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.08 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Irish Sea, Bristol Channel, Celtic Sea, Western English Channel|
|Track charts||(0.11 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: Temperature and salinity taken at all stations from surface continuous water flow|
|CTD stations||Description: Micro CTD unit attached to 4 m beam trawl|
|Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements||Description: Surface and bottom temperature and salinity recorded at all b/t stations with CTD unit|
|Trace metals||Description: Surface water samples for tritium and caesium analysis|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytobenthos||Description: 4 m beam trawl|
|Zoobenthos||Description: 4 m beam trawl|
|Demersal fish||Description: 4 m beam trawl|
|Crustaceans||Description: 4 m beam trawl|