1. To assess the distribution and abundance of herring in the Thames Estuary using a mid-water trawl.
2. To obtain an independent estimate of the age structure and maturity of the Thames spring spawning herring stock.
3. To collect CTD data on selected stations over the estuary.
4. To collect length distributions of bass for G. Pickett.
5. To collect herring samples for C. Fox for daily growth studies.
Mark William Etherton (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)
Quantity: number of samples = 21 Description: CTD samples taken on pre-selected trawl stations.
Biology and fisheries
Quantity: number of hauls = 36 Description: Larsen sprat trawl.