RV G A Reay GAR5/82
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV G A Reay (74GD)|
|Cruise period||1982-04-27 — 1982-05-18|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lerwick, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To land at Lerwick on at least 2 occasions, four chilled sea water (csw) containers filled with blue whiting caught less than 24hrs earlier if possible, to supply the experimental processing line ashore at Scalloway.
2. One landing to discharge bulk filled containers in addition to (1) to supply a sample quantity for freezing ashore at the Iceatlantic factory in Scalloway.
3. To measure the length distributions as a guide to processing ashore.
4. To install experimental process line machinery aboard the ship in Lerwick and continue with shipboard processing to examine the behaviour of very fresh fish.
5. To obtain supplies of silver smelt (Argentina silus and A. sphyraena) gutted and ungutted, stowed in ice and frozen on catching.
6. To obtain supplies of blue ling (Molva dypterygia) gutted, stowed in ice and frozen on catching.
|Chief scientist||G P Hill (Torry Research Laboratory), J G M Smith (Torry Research Laboratory), K J Whittle (Torry Research Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.37 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Track charts||(0.02 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 10|
Description: bottom fishing for blue whiting and silver melt.