RV Cefas Endeavour 6/05
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2005-04-22 — 2005-05-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Characterise the hydrographic structure associated with the buoyancy plume down the NE coast and onto the Dogger Bank by use of towed undulating CTDs (scanfish).
2. Deploy ARGOS drifting buoys to quantify the Lagrangian circulation.
3. Deploy Mooring (ADCP and thermistor chain) to study the mixing processes in the transitional region.
4. Conduct experiments for Phytoplankton production both by Nitrogen uptake method and by Carbon14 labelling.
5. Take samples for POC and PON analysis.
6. Trial an Optical Nutrient analyser.
All the primary aims of the cruise were achieved.
|Chief scientist||Liam Fernand (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.02 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.83 MB)|
|Specific||Central North Sea; Dogger Bank region and Oyster grounds|
|Track charts||(0.82 MB)|
|Water bottle stations|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: 3 Argos buoys deployed.|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)|