RV Tellina 6/71
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Tellina (74TE)|
|Cruise period||1971-05-05 — 1971-05-15|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Scarborough, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To make current measurements with Plessey recording current meters at four stations.
2. To carry out diffusion and current studies.
3. To release sea bed drifters at 12 stations.
4. To carry out a plaice larval survey with 20" unencased high speed plankton sampler.
5. To trawl for young plaice tagged in 1970.
6. To collect plankton samples at five stations between Lowestoft and Filey with 12" high speed plankton sampler (for Mr Riley).
|Chief scientist||Stephen J Lockwood (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Current meters||Description: direct reading|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 150|
Description: woodhead bottom drifter
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: dynamic diffusion;dye/trace;rhodamine-B dye|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 30|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 30|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 30|
Description: young plaice survey