RV Cirolana CIR8/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1972-11-21 — 1972-12-18|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To survey the fish stocks off West Greenland as part of the ICNAF co-ordinated Groundfish Survey Programme.
2. To make hydrographic observations at selected stations to facilitate
the interpretation of the fishing results.
3. To collect material for the study of the distribution of nematodes in
5. To collect pycnogonids for studies of their structure.
6. To recover JONSIS Stations B and C and to re-lay B.
7. To collect large live cod for the Ensdale target strength experiment.
|Chief scientist||R W Blacker (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.25 MB)|
|General||North Atlantic Ocean|
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of profiles = 25|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 20|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Nekton||Quantity: number of hauls = 40|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 40|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|