RV Clione CLI3/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1972-02-16 — 1972-02-25|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To complete the collection of material for the present investigation of North Sea plaice fecundity by sampling for late stage IV gonads from German Bight and Central North Sea grounds.
2. Routine age length sampling.
3. Collection of whole plaice for determination of body constituents.
4. Collection of point estimates of benthic abundance on selected grounds
using a Van Veen grab.
5. Collection of material for pineal gland studies.
6. Collection of samples of Asterias, an indicator of damage to the sea bed, from areas not worked by beam trawlers (Mr J F de Veen, IJmuiden).
7. Collection of live plankton for hatchery work (Mrs Thompson).
8. Collection of plaice and cod for the ICES Pollution Baseline Survey (Dr Portman).
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
Description: bottom only
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 28|
Description: plaice body chemistry
|Occasional standard measurements||Quantity: number of observations = 54|
|Other meteorological measurements||Quantity: number of observations = 54|
Description: sea and swell
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of deployments = 12|