RV Corella 8/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1972-05-15 — 1972-05-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To continue the examination of the budget of artificial radionuclides
in the Irish Sea.
2. To collect seawater samples at selected stations for trace element
3. To collect seawater samples to determine caesium-137 concentrations in
the North Sea, the English Channel and the North-western approaches to
the Irish Sea.
4. Total gamma counting above the sea surface to discriminate between
background and discharge situations.
5. To carrry out a radiological survey of the Clyde area.
6. To collect fish, plankton and other samples for, the IDOE programme and
on behalf of Dr J H Steele, DAFS.
7. To collect seawater samples in the North Sea on behalf of Dr Kautsky,
DHI, to assist their North Sea radiocaesium budget studies.
|Chief scientist||J W R Dutton (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.16 MB)|
Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 60|
Description: S bottom 92 S surface
|Trace elements||Quantity: number of stations = 76|
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of stations = 132|
Description: determinations of caesium 137 concentrations
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 76|
Description: chemical pollution
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 132|
Description: radioactivity pollution;determinations of caesium 137 concentrations
|Other contaminant measurements||Quantity: number of stations = 21|
Description: instrument development
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 1|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Dredge||Quantity: number of hauls = 87|