RV Cirolana CIR3/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1970-09-23 — 1970-09-27|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To make a survey of the distribution and abundance of 0-group fish of commercial species in the vicinity of Iceland.
2. To ta cod in the East Greenland - Dohrn Bank area.
3. To make a groundfish survey on Faroe Bank.
4. To collect cod heads for pineal histology studies.
5. To collect cod blood for immunogenetic studies.
6. To collect small halibut and bring them back alive for Dr Purdom.
No aims achieved as all required use of the winch broke and the cruise was abandoned.
|Chief scientist||Brian W Jones (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.08 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)