RV Corella 5/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1969-03-12 — 1969-03-24|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Routine bottom trawl sampling of plaice population in the
southern and central North Sea.
2. Collection of gonads of plaice, cod and whiting for fecundity
3. Collection of material for plaice maristic investigations.
4. Collection of dab samples for Mr. Lee (Hong Kong).
5. Collection of large cod for echo sounder experiments (Mr. Scholes).
6. Collection of live cod eggs (Dr. Greer Walker).
7. Collection of live fish as follows:- (a) Ripe Borkum plaice (Dr. Purdom); (b) Lemon sole and long rough dab (Mr. Riley); (c) Small gadoids (Mr. Scholes); (d) Plaice for Radiobiological Laboratory; (e) Turbot (Mr. A. Jones).
A small number of ripe gonads were collected. A few ripe Borkum plaice, some central North Sea plaice and one turbot was collected.
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Specific||P buoys, Tail End, Cleaver Bank, Silver Pit, White Bank, Clay Deep, Mud Hole, and Southernmost Rough|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of experiments = 1|
Description: Artificial fertilization attempted with 2 mature cod
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of samples = 5|
Description: Stratified dab samples taken