RV Corella 16/69
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1969-10-17 — 1969-10-29|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Routine trawl survey of North Sea plaice grounds.
2. Dab population investigation.
3. Completion of preliminary studies of comparative feeding of dab and plaice.
4. Completion of plaice liver quality studies.
5. Collection of cod pituitary material for Dr Purdom.
6. Collection of water samples and cod blood for MR Dutton (Radiobiological Laboratory).
7. Collection of live plaice for Mr Barker (Radiobiological Laboratory).
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Description: Small numbers of scad, mackerel and herring were caught and frozen.|
|Demersal fish||Description: Routine trawl survey of North Sea plaice grounds to determine plaice populations.|