RV Cefas Endeavour 12B/08
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2008-06-20 — 2008-07-08|
|Port of departure||Falmouth, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Hartlepool, United Kingdom|
1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the Irish Sea, North Sea and Eastern English Channel in support of the UK Clean Safe Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme.
2. To collect fish samples at CSEMP sites for fish disease and genotoxic markers (e.g. DNA adducts).
3. To collect fish samples at CSEMP sites for biochemical markers (e.g. EROD and bile metabolites analysis).
4. To sample representative CSEMP stations using grab, multicore and beam trawl for trace metal contaminants, sediment particle size analysis, PAHs and benthic fauna.
5. To trial the proposed redesign of the CSEMP in Tyne Tees region. Sediment samples will be collected using a day grab for benthos, trace metals, organics and chlorophyll. Water samples will be collected for nutrients and chlorophyll.
6. To collect water samples at CSEMP stations around England and Wales for the determination of nutrients, chlorophyll and salinity.
7. To note the presence of litter trawled up from the seabed at all CSEMP stations. 8. To collect biota where appropriate for the determination of imposex in support of OSPAR requirements.
|Chief scientist||Brett P Lyons (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory), John Edward Thain (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.02 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.70 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Irish Sea, North Sea and English Channel.|
|Track charts||(0.06 MB) (0.05 MB)|