RV Corystes CO 10/10
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise identifier||CO 10/10|
|Cruise period||2010-03-01 — 2010-03-24|
|Port of departure||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Belfast, United Kingdom|
1. Conduct a dredge survey of the scallop Pecten maximus and bycatch off Northern Ireland.
2. To obtain information on spatial patterns of abundance of different size-and-age classes of demersal fish in the Irish Sea.
3. To obtain abundance indicies of cod, whiting, haddock and herring for use at ICES Working Groups.
4. To quantify external parasite loads in whiting and cod by area.
5. To collect tissue samples for genetics studies on mature cod, hake and haddock.
6. To collect ovary tissue samples from mature cod, haddock and plaice for fecundity studies.
7. To collect additional biological information on species as required under DCF.
|Chief scientist||Peter McCorriston (Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute), Richard P Briggs (Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute)|
|Cruise report||(0.39 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||ICES area VIIa|