RV Cefas Endeavour 14/14
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2014-07-04 — 2014-07-15|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
1. To collect samples of demersal fish for chemical analysis from the Irish Sea, Celtic Sea and Western English Channel in support of the Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme (CSEMP).
2. To collect fish samples at CSEMP sites for fish disease biochemical markers (e.g. EROD and bile metabolites analysis).
3. To sample representative CSEMP stations using day grab, for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), trace metal contaminants, sediment particle size analysis (PSA), and benthic fauna.
4. To conduct marine litter surveys.
5. To undertake sediment sampling as part of the SLAB5 dredge spoil monitoring project at Rame Head.
6. To conduct drop camera work at the Slieve Na Griddle MCZ (West Isle of Man) to characterise sediment and habitat type.
7. To conduct surveys of marine animals (birds and cetaceans) and part of the Marine Life UK observer programme.
|Chief scientist||Brett P Lyons (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.46 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Eddystone, West Lundy, Celtic Deep, Camarthen Bay, Cardigan Bay, Burbo Bight, Liverpool Bay, St Bees Head, Red Wharf Bay, Morecambe Bay, Isle of Man.|