RV Corella 15/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1977-10-18 — 1977-10-28|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To survey Nephrops distribution and abundance in the fishery off the
north-east coast, and record bycatch fish species.
2. To trawl for survivors of the 1975 tagging experiment.
3. To tag and release offshore a further 5000 large Nephrops.
4. Using patch covers, to check Nephrops escape through various parts of
5. To complete two diel series of hauls, at springs and neaps.
6. To compare size frequency of Nephrops taken in 1/2, 1, 2, 3 hour tows.
7. To examine all cod stomachs for Nephrops.
8. To trawl for Nephrops around Lat 54N : Long 3E.
|Chief scientist||P J Warren (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Crustaceans||Quantity: number of hauls = 34|
Description: population structures