RV Ernest Holt 5/68
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1968-05-30 — 1968-06-20|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To tag cod in the "West of Scotland" area, from Muckle Flugga to Northern Ireland.
2. To tag other gadoids, particularly coalfish and haddock.
3. To measure the relative abundance of blue whiting and hake when caught
4. To carry out handling trials of the modified Boothbay net and to calibrate for warp length/depth/speed ratios.
5. To continue underwater camera trials with cameras mounted on the trawl
6. To try to catch hake after dark with the Engels trawl.
7. To obtain blood samples for Dr. Jamieson and cod flesh samples for Dr. Walker.
|Chief scientist||R W Blacker (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.24 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Routine standard measurements|