RV Clione CLI13/83
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1983-10-25 — 1983-11-09|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To obtain fish by trawling at the Smiths Knoll for transport to the laboratory alive.
2. To tag suitable demersal fish caught by trawling on grounds in the Western English Channel.
3. To obtain selection data for demersal fish species of commercial value for which there are little or no data.
4. To carry out three separate echo sounder surveys for pelagic fish shoals on grounds between Beachy Head and Lands End, and identify the composition of any located.
5. To carry out hauls with the Newton net for Dr Lockwood.
6. To obtain otolith samples from suitable fish in order to back up the routine market samples.
|Chief scientist||Martin R Vince (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.33 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
Bay of Biscay
|Specific||W. English Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Neuston||Quantity: number of samples = 8|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 57|
|Acoustic reflection on marine organisms.||Quantity: number of measurements = 9|