Unplanned service interruption - 28 October 2016 15:00 BST - ongoing
Some online delivery is affected
RV Ernest Holt 1A/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1970-01-01 — 1970-01-11|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Yarmouth, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. Routine trawl survey of North sea plaice and dab populations.
2. Collection of gonad material for plaice, dab and cod fecundity studies.
3. Collection of pituitary material from cod (for Dr Purdom) and from sole (for Dr Shelbourne, Isle of Man).
4. Collection of a sample of demersal and pelagic species for Dr Portman (Burnham Laboratory).
5. Collection of live plaice from Borkum (Dr Purdom).
6. Preservation of 50 codling for Dr Holmes, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford.
7. Collection of a sample of solenette for Dr Dando (NBA, Plymouth).
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.19 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 35|
Description: various species for laboratory studies
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|