RV Clione CLI2/67
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1967-01-25 — 1967-02-19|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To record continuously turbidity, salinity and temperature along two lines in the Southern Bight.
2. To moor two Plessey current meters for B.P. near the oil rig SEA-QUEST.
3. To measure currents during a fourteen-day period at three depths at each of five points in the eastern Irish Sea by means of recording current meters.
4. To track a parachute drogue released at one of the current meter stations and moving at mid-depth for at least 36 hours.
5. To measure currents by direct reading current meters during at least one tidal cycle at two or more of the anchored current meter stations.
6. To make a nutrient survey of the eastern Irish Sea and release 25 Woodhead sea-bed drifters and 25 surface drifters at the stations of the 1964 network.
7. To test:
(i) the Plessey recording current meter.
(ii) the recording salinometer.
|Chief scientist||John W Ramster (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.32 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Currents measured from ship drift||Description: anchored vessel|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Description: bottom|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Description: moored ocean.station|