RV Corystes COR4X/04
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||2004-05-10 — 2004-05-14|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To deploy three MiniLanders around the Souter Point Disposal point (with associated guard buoys).
2. To undertake a sidescan sonar, QTC and Bathymetry survey of the Souter point disposal site.
3. To take sediment samples for calibration of optical sensors.
4. To take water samples for TBT.
5. To undertake a series of short transects using the underwater camera system.
6. If resources are available, to undertake a sub-bottom survey of the Souter Point disposal site and a series of SPI camera dips.
7. To service the Directional Waverider at Dowsing en route.
|Chief scientist||Jonathon Mark Rees (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.44 MB)|
|Specific||NE Coast (Souter Point) and Dowsing|
|Track charts||(00 MB)|
|Other chemical oceanographic measurements||Description: water and sediment samples collected for TBT analysis|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of track lines = 3|
Description: undertaken with underwater TV camera system.
|Bottom photography||Quantity: number of stations = 14|
Description: SPI camera stations completed.
|Single-beam echosounding||Description: comprehensive Sidescan sonar/QTC/Bathymetry survey undertaken of the whole of the Souter Point disposal site.|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Description: comprehensive Sidescan sonar/QTC/Bathymetry survey undertaken of the whole of the Souter Point disposal site.|