FV Fisher Lassie Young Fish Survey 2006
Cruise summary report
|Ship name||FV Fisher Lassie|
|Cruise identifier||Young Fish Survey 2006|
|Cruise period||2006-08-29 — 2006-09-05|
|Port of departure||Eastbourne, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Eastbourne, United Kingdom|
1. To carry out an inshore beam trawl survey of parts of the North Sea (in support of EU Data Collection Regulation) and Eastern Channel for juvenile flatfish year class size estimation.
2. To collect data on young demersal fish in relation to the environment.
3. To identify and quantify macro-benthos.
4. To record temperature, salinity and sediment type at each trawl station.
5. To otolith and age commercial flatfish.
6. To record dissolved oxygen levels in the Humber for the Environment Agency.
7. To input all data to FSS during cruise.
A standard grid was worked in each area using a 2-metre beam trawl with tows of 10 minutes duration.
|Chief scientist||Gary John Burt (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Project||September Young Fish Survey 2006|
|Cruise report||(1.18 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 44|
Description: tows: sole and plaice