RRS Challenger CH14A/75
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS Challenger (74CH)|
|Cruise period||1975-11-07 — 1975-11-12|
|Port of departure||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||The objectives of this cruise were:
1. Work the Rockall via Anton Dohrn Seamount (Ellett Line) hydrographic section. Accomplished.
2. Nutrient sampling using a submersible pump at stations across the Scottish and Rockall shelf edges. Accomplished.
3. Collection of shelf sediment Shipek Grab samples for Aberystwyth University. Accomplished.
4. Work additional STD stations across the Scottish shelf edge. St. Kilda shelf-edge section worked.
5. Collection of large-volume water samples for radio-caesium measurements. Accomplished
6. Near real-time supply of temperature profiles to the Met Office. Accomplished.
|Chief scientist||David J Ellett (Scottish Marine Biological Association)|
|Cruise report||(0.09 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Rockall, Malin Shelf, Anton Dohrn Seamount|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 58|
Description: 21 T surface 56 S surface
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 58|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 24|
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of samples = 10|
Description: Cs137 surface samples
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 32|