RV Celtic Voyager CV0720
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Celtic Voyager (45CV)|
|Cruise period||2007-08-18 — 2007-08-27|
|Port of departure||Dublin, Ireland|
|Port of return||Dublin, Ireland|
|Objectives||UWTV Irish Sea Nephrops survey.
1. Technology and protocol transfer between Marine Institute (Ireland) and AFBI Northern Ireland (UK).
2. Develop a fishery independent survey to produce a relative index for the Nephrops stock.
3. Develop a fishery independent survey to a biomass estimate for the Nephrops stock.
4. Map the Irish Sea Nephrops grounds.
5. Gather data on the abundance, distribution and patchiness of Nephrops burrows in the Irish Sea.
6. Collect secondary data on the seabed in the Celtic Sea using benthic grabs and multibeam.
7. Satisfy the requirements of the Irish National programme under the EC Data collection regulation 1543/2000.
|Chief scientist||Colm Lordan (Marine Institute Galway)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Specific||Western Irish Sea|