RV Clione CLI9/76
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1976-05-24 — 1976-06-04|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a trawl survey of demersal species in the eastern English Channel between 51° N and 2° W.
2. To tag and release plaice, soles and lemon soles caught during the trawl survey.
3. To tag and hold rays in the deck tanks in order to estimate the mortality rate of rays caught in a trawl.
4. To carry out a plankton survey for sole eggs and larvae.
5. To collect and freeze plaice and plaice viscera for analysis at the laboratory.
6. To collect live mature soles and deliver them to Lowestoft for the WFA (Hunterston) sole breeding programme.
7. To collect and freeze surplus fish for the Lowestoft Open Day.
8. To test a new pattern of flag tag on I-group whiting.
|Chief scientist||R G Houghton (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.17 MB)|
Bay of Biscay
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 36|
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 30|