RV Clione CLI14/76
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1976-09-27 — 1976-10-17|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out trawl survey in the area between St Georges Channel and
the Calf of Man
2. To tag young cod along the Irish coast for studies of recruitment.
3. To collect vertebral count data on cod for studies of stock structure.
4. To carry out a survey of young gadoids and to preserve young cod for
electrophoretic studies by Dr Child.
5. To collect fish food for Dr Lincoln.
6. To bring back large live plaice for Mr Scholes.
7. To collect samples of cod from the Irish coast for Mr Jefferies.
|Chief scientist||Keith M Brander (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.33 MB)|
|General||Irish Sea and St. George's Channel|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 98|
Description: survey:population,distribution etc.