RV Cefas Endeavour 16/15
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cefas Endeavour (74E9)|
|Cruise period||2015-07-18 — 2015-07-30|
|Port of departure||Portland Harbour, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
1. To undertake a beam trawl survey in the southern North Sea and eastern Channel as part of an ICES co-ordinated research programme.
2. To obtain fisheries independent data on the distribution and abundance of commercial flatfish species.
3. To collect biological data, including maturity and weight at age, of commercial species, to satisfy the requirements of the EU data regulations.
4. To identify the epibenthos by-catch taken in the 4m beam trawl and to quantify species as agreed at the Beam Trawl Working Group (WGBEAM).
5. To sample litter caught in the beam trawl on every station
6. To collect berried crabs and lobsters for brood stock
7. To collect live crabs and starfish for Yarmouth Sea Life centre
8. To collect one water sample per day for nutrient analysis for Naomi Greenwood
9. To tag and release smooth hounds and rays
10. To collect biological samples on dogfish
11. To collect live and dead hermits in whelks
12. To collect and filter a water sample in the vicinity of the West Gabbard SMART buoy for Elisa Capuzzo
13. To test and trial new EDC software
Narrative in Cruise Report
|Chief scientist||Joanne Smith (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.10 MB)|
|Cruise report||(0.92 MB)|
|Specific||Eastern English Channel (ICES area VIId), Southern North Sea (ICES area Ivc)|