|Ship name (ship code)||Felucca (45FE)|
|Cruise period||2015-07-15 — 2015-07-31|
|Port of departure||Killybegs, Ireland|
|Port of return||Killybegs, Ireland|
- Collect integrated and calibrated acoustic data on boarfish (Capros aper) aggregations within the pre-determined survey area.
- Determine the biomass and abundance of boarfish within the survey area.
- Collect biological samples from directed trawling on insonified echotraces to determine age structure and maturity state of survey stock as well as to identify echotrace to species.
- Determine the extent and behaviour of boarfish aggregations within the survey area to aid the design of future surveys.
- Dovetail with the RV Celtic Explorer in the northern area to ensure close spatiotemporal alignment and synoptic coverage.
|Chief scientist||Ciaran O'Donnell (Marine Institute Galway)|
|Coordinating body||International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Shelf edge west of UK and Ireland|