- Collect integrated and calibrated acoustic data on boarfish (Capros aper) aggregations within the pre-determined survey area.
- Determine the biomass and abundance of boarfish within the survey area.
- Collect biological samples from directed trawling on insonified echotraces to determine age structure and maturity state of survey stock as well as to identify echotrace to species.
- Determine the extent and behaviour of boarfish aggregations within the survey area to aid the design of future surveys.
- Dovetail with the RV Celtic Explorer in the northern area to ensure close spatiotemporal alignment and synoptic coverage.
Ciaran O'Donnell (Marine Institute Galway)
International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)