RRS Challenger CH10/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RRS Challenger (74CH)|
|Cruise period||1977-06-29 — 1977-07-10|
|Port of departure||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Dunstaffnage, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||Cruise objectives were.
(1) Turn aound the current meter mooring at 57N, 9W. The mooring was recovered but not redeployed.
(2) Work the Anton Dohrn Seamount (Ellett Line) STD section. Weather prevented work on all but the easternmost shelf stations.
(3) Deploy an IOS, Bidston tide gauge NE of Rockall Bank. Accomplished.
(4) Work STD sections across the shelf edge between St Kilda and Barra Head. Accomplished.
(5) Work a grid of STD and radiocaesium surface water sampling stations between Mull of Kintyre and North Minch. Accomplished.
|Chief scientist||David J Ellett (Scottish Marine Biological Association)|
|Cruise report||(0.25 MB)|
|General||North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 116|
Description: S surface only
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 82|
Description: noisy salinity
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 1|
Description: 2x79 days
|Sea level (inc. bot. press., inverted echosounder)||Description: tide gauge N.E.Rockall|
|Isotopes||Quantity: number of samples = 65|