FRV Alba Na Mara 0416A
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Alba Na Mara (74NM)|
|Cruise period||2016-03-23 — 2016-03-26|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
1. Staff training and demonstration for the set-up and operation of a TV observation drop-frame camera system.
2. To test and compare commercial and MSS laser projectors (optimise digital camera settings for use with laser & flash).
3. Test and compare HD and standard TV video cameras.
4. Monitor the ship's mains power supply to compare outputs on harbour and main. generator sets
5. Demonstrate the set-up and operation of the D-SHIP data acquisition system.
Scientific equipment will be transported to Fraserburgh on Monday 21 March. Staff will join Alba na Mara during the morning of 23 March, after which they will load the TV cable onto the winch and set-up TV equipment in the dry laboratory. Subsequent instrumentation and TV trials will continue as conditions permit in areas of between 50m and 100m depth on a variety of seabed types. The stability of the ship's electrical supply will be monitored while under different loads. The ship will return to Fraserburgh at the end of each day for equipment configuration and to review data.
After the trials, Alba na Mara will un-load equipment in Fraserburgh on 26 March. Normal contacts will be maintained with the laboratory.
|Chief scientist||Chris D Hall (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.02 MB)|