RV Clione CLI6/77
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1977-05-03 — 1977-05-08|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To study the distribution of young gadoids in the region of the
English NE Coast, the Dogger Bank and the Danish coast using the
Lowestoft frame trawl and Boris Prawn trawl.
2. To test the efficiency of fish traps and to evaluate their use as
a survey gear.
3. To survey the distribution of young gadoids close to the NE Coast
in collaboration with TELLINA (Cruise 5, Mr Parnell).
4. To compare the efficiency of the Boris Prawn trawl with the Boris
Box trawl as used by the TELLINA.
5. To collect large plaice for use i n acoustic tagging experiments.
6. To collect various crabs for UEA.
7. To collect frozen pelagic 0-group gadoids for Mr A Child.
8. To collect living copepods for Mrs B Thompson.
9. To tag I-group and I+group gadoids.
|Chief scientist||John D Riley (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.21 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 10|
Description: S surface only
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 30|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 70|
Description: survey:population,distribution,identification studies
|Taggings||Quantity: number of specimens = 1200|
|Gear research||Quantity: number of hauls = 6|